OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Position Title: Producer
The Producer is part of team of creative television producers who are responsible for a variety of award-winning non-scripted interviews, specials and events that appear on OWN. Daily, the producer will work on a variety of different projects and shows at one time in support of the Executive Producers and should be able to juggle multiple deadlines at a time.
- Generate ideas for show content based on programming needs
- Source locations for shoots
- Research facts and information to support script writing
- Interface with VIP talent on logistics, planning, etc.
- Book and schedule interviews both virtually and in-person
- Write scripts for show hosts
- Travel to various locations to interview show guests
- Collaborate with editors and graphic designers to write, edit, and deliver video content
- Oversee show delivery while coordinating with a variety of departments: Legal, Clearance, and Public Relations
- Assist Executive Producers in all needs
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- BA or BS in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Film/TV or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience working as a producer on a major unscripted television show or talk show.
- Must have experience producing, editing, or shooting video or interviews.
- Must be digital savvy by researching talent, trends, and emerging stories.
- Must be proficient in Google docs, Microsoft Suite, Zoom, etc
- Must be able to communicate effectively – verbally, in writing and in person.
- Able to work well with team members in a fast-paced environment, able to work weekends.