OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Position Title: Senior Manager, Communications
The Senior Manager of Communications will support communications activities for the OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Communications department. This position plays a key role by managing and supporting communications and PR duties for the fast-growing premium cable network and its various brand extensions. This role requires extreme professionalism and an ability to manage sensitive information
The Senior Manager of Communications is responsible for working closely with the Communications team and across departments to develop and implement strategic communications campaigns for OWN's scripted series, unscripted docuseries, and specials.
Candidate is responsible for working with a broad range of press outlets covering television, business, and entertainment. The Senior Manager will develop press announcements, press releases, internal communications, and work on a variety of press events. They will also draft pitch letters, show descriptions and pull clips and photos. This position works closely with show creators, talent, production companies and outside PR agencies.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- 5 years of hands-on communications and media relations work experience preferably at a major network or studio.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superb written, verbal, interpersonal and media relations skills.
- Must be an independent, strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Ability to cultivate and sustain strong relationships with members of the media and with co-workers.