OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Position: Senior Digital Producer, OWN Digital
Oversee a small team of digital content producers and video editors in the creation of editorial, interactive and multimedia content on Oprah.com, WatchOWN.tv, designated show sites and YouTube. Nurture, grow and extend the Oprah and OWN brands out into the world.
Work with the OWN Digital leadership team—across marketing, design and web development teams—to set the network's digital strategy and plan digital content that drives visibility, promotion and revenue for OWN programming. Serve as the front-facing representative of OWN Digital Content in both internal and external meetings and liaise with other departments within OWN to align strategies and initiatives with overall network priorities. Conceptualize and drive forward digital content and coverage for various OWN shows, focusing on original content creation and digital exclusives. Work in a fast-paced, uplifting environment with a dedicated team, including experienced editorial, creative and technical staff.
- Produce episodic and short-form coverage of various OWN network shows, working in conjunction with digital and on-air producers, as well as production companies
- Set content plans and editorial digital strategy for each new season of OWN shows, coming up with robust and thoughtful digital ideas for marketing the content.
- Project manage Digital Content efforts, including ongoing clip-cutting for on-air series, producing original digital videos, building series microsites, building press sites, FYC Emmy campaigns, etc.
- Manage Digital video shoots that the Content team executes, particularly involving OWN talent
- Sharply interpret a variety of detailed data and video metrics to inform content strategy, and translate/present those curated digital insights with network executives.
- Work with programming executives who oversee scripted and unscripted series, sharing key audience takeaways to shape how OWN markets existing shows and develops new ones.
- Drive the digital business forward by coming up with creative ideas that serve a variety of needs, from podcast initiatives to the network's tentpole events.
- Brainstorm creative ideas for repackaging and refreshing existing content.
- Liaise with various departments, including Publicity, On-Air, Legal and Social, as well as talent, to gather assets, address rights issues and help market content.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned, detail-oriented digital leader who sees themselves a storyteller and knows how to translate on-air content for digital audiences. The candidate must feel confident representing Digital priorities in meetings, as well as multitasking and meeting extremely tight deadlines. They should be a creative problem solver, communicating efficiently and diplomatically with all levels of staff and departments.
- Proven track record of creating/producing/overseeing successful digital content
- Minimum 7 years working in a creative digital environment
- Strong writing, editorial or journalistic background with an emphasis on digital
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet daily deadlines
- Understanding of diverse audiences and how the nuances within the audience are crucial to developing successful digital strategies
- Comfort representing the Digital department, its needs and its efforts; giving presentations and working with talent as needed
- Experience working with executive stakeholders, external vendors and talent
- Experience managing expectations and project timelines
- Television and/or publishing experience a plus
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, creative, fast-paced environment
- Hours must be flexible
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Communications desired
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.