OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Position Title: Writer/Producer
The Oprah Winfrey Network is seeking an enthusiastic, driven, and experienced Writer/Producer to join their Brand Creative team.
You will be tasked with producing creative and effective promotional content that encompasses all the A/V needs across the network. From initial creative conception to seeing campaigns through execution, you will need to innovate and think strategically about every facet of a campaign across a multidisciplinary landscape beyond just on-air. Being able to lead in the development, design, and production of attention-grabbing content that breaks through a cluttered, competitive marketing landscape will be essential to success in this role.
- Generate ideas. We want someone who can think about marketing from new perspectives. A powerhouse idea-generator who seamlessly blends creative and strategic thinking.
- Concept, write, produce and deliver promotional material for both scripted and unscripted series ranging from launch promotions, episodic promotions, original and acquired film promotions, special presentations, tentpole initiatives, behind-the-scenes vignettes, network brand campaigns, sales tapes, and multi-platform promotions tailored for on-air, social, digital, and press needs.
- Plan and implement a holistic approach to campaigns.
- Effectively communicate a creative vision with team members across all departments to create alignment.
- Screen and log programs. Must be adept at working with unfinished material including rough cuts and dailies.
- Work closely with editors, in-house designers, audio mixers, and finishers to develop powerful creative from beginning to end. This includes key art, print campaigns, motion graphics, audio/video assets, etc.
- Collaborate with project managers to deliver executions on time and on budget.
- Guide and direct voice over sessions with on-air/announcer talent.
- Supervise occasional shoots.
- Communicate clearly with high-level talent, showrunners, and their partners.
- Actively participate in brainstorms across various teams in everything from content strategies to optimizing the creative workflow.
- Work with outside vendors on developing campaigns that align with the network vision and needs.
- Receive and productively utilize feedback from fellow writer/producers and creative directors.
- Other duties assigned as needed
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- College degree in related field preferred.
- Position requires an experienced creative marketing producer with minimum 4 years’ experience working in broadcast, cable, streaming, or with an agency.
- Exhibit conceptual, creative and strategic thinking with sound instincts.
- Superior writing and producing skills.
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and positive team collaboration is a must.
- Strong knowledge of the pre-production, production, and post-production process.
- Avid proficiency is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital and social best practices.
- Must have administrative skills to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment with pressing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects across teams.
- Must have a firm grasp on relevant marketing trends, design trends, and industry trends.