OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Specialist, Social Media Strategy (Scripted/Unscripted)
*** We are seeking TWO Specialists to join our team ***
The Social Media Specialist position is a key member of the OWN social team. We will be identifying two candidates for the same role to join the team. Each position will typically cover one of two areas within the OWN Network – Scripted or Unscripted series – and occasionally cover specials and other network initiatives as needed. This role requires a unique blend of innovative instincts, digital and social media aptitude, platform and audience expertise, management skills and strategies that drive growth in followers, engagement and views. The position, based in Los Angeles, is a key member of a team of talented professionals and reports to the Director, Social Media Strategy.
- Platform, audience and engagement expert with an understanding of developing strategy based on these areas.
- Assist in development and execute social media strategy for networks shows, specials and priorities
- Continuously monitor and manage all organic/earned media campaigns across social platforms to ensure their meeting campaign objectives
- The “expert” for responsible shows/initiatives and their audiences
- Oversee all content management for responsible shows and initiatives, understanding all creative assets / activations, etc. pertaining to each campaign and developing and executing rollout accordingly – applying unique strategies on a platform-by-platform basis as needed.
- A proactive member of the Brand Marketing team, developing and leveraging an in-depth understanding of Network and show audiences in order to inform overarching show strategies, content planning & development.
- Coordinate with Director, Social Media to establish social editorial calendar with all content plans & rollouts, as well as regular reporting cadence
- Liaison with outside partners, talent and guests of the shows to educate and inform best practices; Serve as social expert and point-of-contact for all show talent
- Work cross-functionally with social media agency to develop highly engaging and effective social media campaigns that grow the OWN audience, increase engagement and improve performance metrics
- Maintain a key editor’s eye in developing, reviewing and approving copy & content
- Monitor, measure and analyze the effectiveness of content and show pages across social channels
- Monitor social trends to inform and innovate OWN’s approach through content & tactics across multiple consumer touch points including Facebook, Instagram (feed, Stories, IGTV), YouTube, TikTok and similar platforms for organic platform growth
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- 3-4 years relevant industry experience