OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Creative Director, Brand Creative
Are you passionate about culture, entertainment, design and the arts? OWN is seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to help lead Brand Creative. The right candidate will bring a tireless spirit, a bias toward innovation, a highly sophisticated sensibility, a desire for creative risk taking and a commitment to doing the best work of their lives.
The Creative Director will be responsible for ensuring excellence for all visual campaigns for our series, specials and the OWN brand itself. Managing communications and projects with partners, the Creative Director will set the tone for how audiences perceive our content wherever they experience it. From initial creative conception to seeing the campaigns through execution, the Creative Director will ensure all work aligns with strategies, is consistent across all consumer touchpoints, taps into innovation & experimentation, and delivers engaging content for audiences.
Leading the evolution of a traditional promo team to a become a truly multidisciplinary studio will be a core responsibility for this role, the Creative Director will provide leadership and direction for the conceptual development, design and production of A/V and digital assets for use in broadcast, out of home and digital/social tactics. Your influence on these projects will define the visual identity of the OWN brand. The position requires a pragmatic and thoughtful leader eager to inspire multidisciplinary creative teams in a collaborative environment, while also fearlessly diving into all aspects of production, inclusive of art direction, design and more.
Lead the continued evolution of the creative and technical potential of the Brand Creative team.
Develop and advocate for the visual brand language of the network and network programming.
Drive new and better ways to collaborate within the group and across teams.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- Oversee A/V and design teams from research through final production details.
- Lead the development of brand systems to be used across multiple platforms and tactics.
- Provide strategic guidance to ensure that design solutions support specific business goals.
- Ensure that teams deliver projects that are exceptional creatively and technically impeccable.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create campaigns that align across platforms and tactics.
- Supervise external agencies in the development of trailers/AV/art/digital/social content, premium creative advertising, media placements and high-impact creative experiences & promotions (experiential activations, event sponsorships, etc.).
- Deliver big creative ideas that break-through in a cluttered, competitive consumer landscape. Take bold swings with creative ideas grounded in strategy and insights.
- Key contributor to a team culture that breaks the mold, fueled by innovation & creativity in a fast-paced environment, with positive & transparent collaboration.