OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Production Coordinator, Deliverables and Operations
The Production Coordinator, Deliverables and Operations oversees delivery and fulfillment of OWN production assets and production operations as they relate to OWN and Discovery content. This requires a results-oriented person combining a Production and Post-Production background with management and project planning skills and experience. The ability to multi-task and balance many different priorities simultaneously is essential.
- Review contracts for projects for any exceptional technical/deliverable requirements to determine what deliverables/deliverables documents are required for assigned projects
- Work with Net Ops and Discovery to find most efficient delivery methods for internal productions/reversions; help shepherd process when necessary
- Initiate Deliverables Welcome Email for each project—including Deliverables Doc, tech specs, Property ID’s, PAID numbers, etc.
- Help train internal/external parties on network systems
- Ensure Prod Co has appropriate clock for both linear and Direct to Consumer content
- Help with the collection of promo/press/social selects
- Help with the collection of digital materials (if applicable)
- Help with the collection of trailer (Scripted/DTC)
- Ensure restriction logs are delivered
- Initiate request for draft credits; send out to appropriate depts.; get final internal approval
- Work with Discovery Corporate to make sure all episodes pass through technical evaluation in a timely manner, this includes dealing with the prod co on any changes that need to be made before air.
- Work closely with Scheduling to determine priority deliverables and communicate those to Discovery corporate
- Ensure DEAL, a Discovery owned platform, information for project(s) are up to date
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure content is ready for air
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- 2-3 years’ experience
- A self-starter able to work independently and reomtely when needed
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Has excellent organizational skills
- A great team player
- Possess a working knowledge of television post-production, and network deliverables processes.
- Experienced with FTP uploads & Aspera Connect
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Suites, and is technologically savvy
- Minimum 3 years experience in Production, Post Production or Media Operations.
- Knowledge of file formats including frame rates and aspect ratios
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage numerous projects, work under pressure, and be solutions oriented
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills