OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
This is a contract role with an estimated project duration from July 2020 -Dec 2020. The candidate must be available to work flexible hours
The Senior Writer Producer will be an experienced and consistently superior creative, with expert writing and producing skills, as well as conceptual AVID editing skills. Experience in both scripted and unscripted programming is desired. Will be frequently assigned to produce creative content for OWN’s tent pole productions and intermittently tasked with producing midlevel productions. The ideal candidate will maintain positive client relationships at a peer level and is developing leadership skills, including presentation, communication and team building. Leads the creative work of Writer/Producers on projects. Responsible for staying on campaign budget.
- Conceptualizes, writes, produces and edits promotions for series, campaign launches, social and digital content, special events and special presentations.
- Implements and maintains creative vision and look and feel of productions from inception to release.
- Ability to edit promotional content in the range of :30 promos, to trailers, to long form content
- Screens and researches productions. Develops concepts. Writes scripts. Directs voice-over talent. Supervises graphics sessions. Selects music. Supervises edit sessions. Supervises occasional shoots.
- Have a firm grasp of on-set etiquette along with strong production knowledge experience.
- Experience interviewing talent.
- Works with Creative Director to oversee internal support and outside Vendors.
- Manages prescribed deadlines and budgets.
- Responsible for administrative and logistical project oversight.
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience writing and producing entertainment projects for broadcast or cable television.
- Superior production crew management.
- Leadership skills including presentation, communication and team building
- Developing management skills.
- Good inter- and intra-group relations skills.
- Exhibit very strong AVID editing skills.
- Exhibits strategic thinking skills and good judgment.
- Superior writing and production skills.
- Strong knowledge of production management, post-production, video, writing and producing.