OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The Sr. Writer/Producer, Integrated Marketing is responsible for supporting the development and execution of advertiser based marketing elements and sponsorship packages for Oprah Media Group properties -- OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Oprah.com and OWNSocial. This position is based in our West Hollywood office.
- Key role in creative ideation and brainstorming for both RFP responses and pro-active packages
- Responsible for the execution of Branded Entertainment creative for Oprah Media Group properties -- OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Oprah.com and OWNSocial, including internal projects as related to Ad Sales initiatives as needed. (i.e. ad sales presentation sizzle tapes and internal campaign pitches).
- Write and/or evaluate scripts for co-branded/sponsored custom content
- Determine the specific production needs for each project and execute in timely, efficient manner
- Manage project deadlines both internally (graphics/editing) and externally (meet the agreed upon client deliverables timeline as determined with Project Manager)
- Oversee production of original music, search stock music houses when necessary and supervise audio mix
- Perform and/or supervise edit sessions and creation of graphics/animation
- Oversee creative execution on set as needed
- Responsible for knowing and executing the entire production process on assigned projects.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as become evident
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Advertising, Video/Film Production or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years experience writing and producing promotion, marketing and Branded Entertainment projects for broadcast or cable television.
- Proven writing and producing skills.
- A strong interest and/or background in Branded Entertainment is essential.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the post-production process is essential.
- MUST be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently. and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.