OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The Human Resources Operations Technical Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting HR technologies. Responsibilities include HRIS configuration, diagnosis, reporting & analytics, payroll administration support, system testing and answering employee’s inquiries in the HR Information Network (HRIN), plus other work as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research/Troubleshoot issues on a variety of areas such as HCM, Benefit, Payroll, Leaves, Time configuration, workflow processes and employee specific data
- Participate in projects and initiatives to improve processes and drive efficiency gains
- Work with functional project team on requirements and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Generate reports, queries and extrapolate data/information
- Configure, monitor, troubleshoot and remediate Workday integrations
- Maintain good knowledge of Employee benefits, HR Policies and Processes
- Work on special projects assigned, e.g. year-end, quarter-end
- Answer HR customer’s (employees, vendors, business partners, managers, etc.) questions and resolve complex issues ensuring exceptional customer service satisfaction
- Other responsibilities as assigned, which may become essential to the position
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong technical knowledge of HR Information Systems (experience with Workday a huge plus).
- Knowledge of case management systems (especially NeoCase) a plus.
- Minimum 4 years at the HRIS Specialist level, within an HR Operations, Service Provider and/or shared services environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Payroll administration and processing a big plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate HRIS related matters to all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, yet able to analyze and recommend alternatives.
- Ability to prioritize and address competing demands; multi-tasking capacity critical.
- Ability to meet and exceed performance and service level metrics for timeliness, accuracy, and customer service.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- High degree of respect for the confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data.
- Team player who approaches responsibilities with a strong sense of ownership and commitment to excellence.
- Develop a mindset of embracing change and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor Degree in HR / Business / Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience. Education in Human Resources Administration a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in basic spreadsheet applications such as Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Knowledge of MS Project or other project management tools.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and understand various computer systems.
- Other Skills:
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able and willing to roll-up sleeves and do all that is necessary to complete tasks.