OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand. We embrace the love of storytelling. Our team has creative instincts with a distinct point of view, which creates and the magnetism of the channel. OWN is a leader in programming and attracts superstar talent to join its primetime lineup, which has built a global community of like-minded viewers who’ve connected on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 75 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Senior Writer/Producer needs to conceptualize, write and produce compelling original creative marketing.
The Sr. Writer/Producer must possess the ability to conceive, write, and produce creative in support of OWN and its programming that speaks to our viewers. In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing and producing skills as well as knowledge of production and integrated marketing. This position would work on launch campaigns for scripted and unscripted programming, pitch fresh and impactful ideas and strategies. We are looking for a strong creative who will provide solutions, is able to craft and conduct interviews with network talent, and attend EPK and image shoots. We want a collaborator who will work with the in-house team and who has an eye for detail in color correction and sound design.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a spot writer/producer for an entertainment company or creative agency
- Experience in Cable TV, theatrical marketing, Advertising, Digital or broadcast services
- Must exhibit conceptual thinking and writing skills. Must be a good storyteller and possess a strong knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end.
- Interpersonal and time management skills a necessity.
- Ability to juggle several projects at one time often under tight deadlines.
- Keen sense of graphic design composition, music and sound design.
- Ability to direct shoots if needed, and participate in casting, location, wardrobe selection and art direction.
OWN LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.