OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand and the magnetism of the channel. OWN is a leading destination for a premium scripted and unscripted programming from today’s most innovative storytellers. OWN’s original scripted series include popular drama “Queen Sugar,” “Greenleaf,” “The Haves and the Have Nots,” “If Loving You is Wrong,” family saga “Ambitions” from box office hit-maker Will Packer, and the upcoming drama series “David Makes Man,” from Academy Award winner TarrellAlvin McCraney.
OWN’s Saturday night unscripted programming lineup includes “Iyanla: Fix My Life,” “Ready to Love,” “Love & Marriage: Huntsville,” and “Black Love.” OWN connects with its audience wherever they are, inspiring conversation among a global community of like-minded viewers on social media and beyond. Launched on January 1, 2011, OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery, Inc. The venture also includes award-winning digital platform Oprah.com
. Access OWN anytime on WatchOWN.tv
or across mobile devices and connected to TV’s.The Role
The Associate Producer serves as a key partner to OWN team’s by providing creative, as well as providing delivery and troubleshooting support to external vendors and internal teams for Scripted, Unscripted and Acquired shows. The AP will take on the responsibilities of communicating key information on shows for internal teams and external production companies, amongst others. Serves as a point of contact for shows assigned and uses independent judgment to determine how inquiries should be handled. Works closely with key departments to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.Key Areas of Responsibility B. Key Responsibilities:
- Become proficient in Discovery’s Production Guide and all aspects of the production deliverables process
- Provide Producer’s Portal support to external clients and deliverables systems support to internal clients, and Conduct any reporting & analytics needed related to above
- Track media, legal, and financial elements of production and licensed contracts, from inception to delivery and acceptance for OWN’s Network programs
- Facilitate and troubleshoot delivery and technical evaluation
- Approve/reject deliverables according to Discovery contractual requirements
- Complete final materials inventory, providing status of vendors’ contractual obligations to internal clients
- Work in conjunction with multiple internal and external clients and teams, developing & maintaining positive relationships
- Facilitate and communicate Production Management deliverables procedures
- Knowledge of Post Production, including delivery workflow and media types.
- Work with the key departments in providing feedback to outside producers following evaluation of production schedules, rough cuts, fine cuts, and other materials.
- Handle program reversioning as assigned. Collaborating with legal department to identify potential legal issues,
- Facilitate program fixes (changes in narration, graphics, picture, and audio, as needed.)
- Manage jointly with key departments the project production schedule for contract compliance and overall project workflow. Track deliverables and communicate fulfillment of production milestones, production issues or changes, to project team members.
- Manage and distribute production delivery schedules, episode descriptions, shooting locations, production company information, and other relevant program updates using appropriate databases.
- Create and maintain all program formats, working with OML, Programming, scheduling, Media Strategy and Marketing to ensure all clock needs are met.
- Provide, organize, and dispense production information to outside production companies (i.e. clocks, technical guidelines, producer’s packet, logo, uplink numbers, credits, copyright language, research information, QC results, suggested breaks, etc.)
- Update HIVE and other internal databases, i.e. Development and Production phases so all information is up to date
- Assist key departments with coordination and communication with other DCI departments. Including:
- Communications/Press/IPR – Provide treatments, episode descriptions, cuts, production delivery dates and shoot locations. Coordinate with Communications/Press regarding promotable titles,
- Programming – Assist in tracking and revising episode descriptions, episode and show titles, delivered by Production Companies Program clips for Ad- sales reels, delivery updates, and Upfront information. Develop alternative program titles, provide parental ratings, and recommend viewer advisories.
- Program Editing/Shared Program Services – Notification of master deliveries, production schedules, suggested edits, viewer advisories, assist in resolving QC issues.
- Production Management – Provide timely updates on production schedules, milestone payment confirmation and other deliverables information.
- Awards / Competition – Provide PR with program descriptions, credits, contact info.)
- Marketing & Promotions – Assist in tracking down and providing selects and artwork for promo editing and consumer marketing campaigns.
- Business Affairs / Legal – Coordination and communication with Business Affairs and Legal as needed regarding business and contractual matters.
- Forward thinking individual, who can embrace the brand and its content and must have an understanding of the larger issues that can impact the delivery of a show.
- The ideal candidate will be interested or a fan of the OWN brand and prepared to screen content as time allows.
- Effective communicator who is comfortable explaining technical issues in a friendly manner to a range of network executives.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail, who aims to be a high achiever, and driven to succeed.
- Must be proactive when urgent issues arise, with the instincts and professionalism to accelerate items as properly needed.
- Must be available outside of office hours to check e-mail & voicemail as needed.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences. Should be action orientated and be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
- Minimum of 4 years television production experience including long-form documentary.
- Knowledge and experience in television production including editing and field production.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a deadline environment.
- Be task oriented, with the ability to work under pressure and focus on the task at hand, focus on details and present solutions to timely issues.
- Strong MS Outlook and MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.