OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand. We embrace the love of storytelling. Our team has creative instincts with a distinct point of view, which creates and the magnetism of the channel. OWN is a leader in programming and attracts superstar talent to join its primetime lineup, which has built a global community of like-minded viewers who’ve connected on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 75 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.Position Overview
This position reports into the SVP of Marketing under the CMO. The position straddles two departments – on-air and integrated marketing. This position manages the annual budgets for both groups and acts as the production manager on all shoots. The ideal candidate has strong production and budget management experience.
- Monthly reporting to CFO/CMO on department budgets.
- Manage all shoots – key art/BTS/EPK/client sponsored IM.
- Ensure projects come in on budget and on schedule.
- Keep SVPs abreast of any changes in annual budgets.
- Hire and negotiate with photographers, crews, vendors.
- Works with legal team for music clearances.
- Work with creative director to make shoot plans and schedules.
- Track client contributions for IM projects.
- Process all invoices to ensure payment to vendors.
- Oversee location and studio bookings.
- Arrange any necessary permissions & risk assessments.
- Make sure all expenses are budgeted and accounted for.
OWN LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
- 4-6 years of experience in TV/Film production.
- In-depth understanding of the production process.
- Network of contacts in the industry.
- Budget management experience.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Maintain strong relationships internally & externally.
- Ability to take direction from more than one individual.