OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.POSITION SUMMARY:
This position works with all facets of digital and will be responsible for analyzing and delivering content for several different sources. You will be providing qualitative and quantitative research insights and MUST be able to handle many projects at once and communicate in a clear, concise manner.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day to day responsibilities include data gathering and analysis.
Essential functions include:
- Responsible for reporting and insights in support of optimizing the performance of our online support channels
- Maintaining and disseminating Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly website reports
- Provide analytics and insights to help drive decision-making and support the continuous improvement of the online support channels.
- This person understands best practices in measurement and analytics.
- Understanding objectives, determining key metrics, developing the appropriate tagging strategy and delivering synthesized data, deriving insights and articulating them to key stakeholders and leadership team.
- Ad Hoc Website reporting and analysis
- Provide data-driven insight to improve on current campaigns
- Work to identify new opportunities to utilize data and analytics to improve ongoing digital initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help identify content needs
- Generate actionable insights about desktop and mobile user behavior to guide digital teams in optimizing the user experience
- Work with third party vendors to ensure accurate measurement
- Refresh presentations/sales materials/historical tracks
- Develop materials suitable for executive level presentations; ability to translate findings/results in a clear concise manner
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Bachelor's degree required - a degree in marketing, analytics, or similar fields preferred
- 3+ years of experience performing data analysis and research
- Proficiency in site analytics tools such as Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture) required, Google Analytics, Comscore products
- Knowledgeable in secondary site usage; ie; Chartbeats
- Comfortable analyzing large amounts of data
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Strong mathematical skills