OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Operations Manager, the Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for managing Linux/UNIX development and production environments running enterprise level applications. The systems administrator will focus on maintaining high levels of availability and service for the development, staging and production environments.
- Support the production and development/staging web infrastructure in environments.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and perform detailed level troubleshooting as needed.
- Support the following applications: Apache (mod_perl/embperl), MySQL Database, Memcached, Interwoven TeamSite and other internally developed applications.
- Create shell/perl scripts as needed.
- Support the release management process through development, staging and production environments.
- Refine and improve the continuous integration process.
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
- 5-10 years experience with UNIX/Linux (RedHat or CentOS preferred) with deep command line knowledge.
- Extensive experience installing and managing Apache Web Servers.
- Extensive experience with the AWS environment.
- Experience with Salt.
- Familiarity with F5 load balancers.
- Familiarity with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Familiarity with Memcached.
- Networking experience with subnets, routers, DNS, and firewalls.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and apache logs.
- Ability to create project plans
- Ability to document system configurations and develop operational procedures
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely responsible, hard working and willing to do everything to “get the job done”.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment.