OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN is seeking a smart, experienced, highly organized self-starter who is strategic, creative and passionate about all things social media and marketing; and who also has a deep desire to work for a brand that stands as a force of positive cultural change. The Director, Marketing and Social Media will develop and execute marketing strategies and campaigns across social and digital platforms.
- Work collaboratively with internal and agency teams to develop and execute marketing strategies and campaigns across OWNTV-owned and operated social media platforms
- Develop, execute and analyze paid media campaigns across a variety of social platforms. working in tandem with agency and in-house creative teams to maximize awareness and ratings for key shows, as well as to support revenue goals within ad sales.
- Guide and contribute to the development and execution of high-impact, strategic and creative ideas and deliverables, working with creative and PR teams.
- Lead a team of OWN employees and agency partner and inspire our highly skilled group of social experts to perform their best.
- Create a strategy and define metrics of success for new social channels while leading the discussion on social priorities
- Effectively translate data into understandable and actionable insights to drive strategy
- Keep up to date with social trends and strategy in order to adopt, recommend changes, and elaborate on it to the rest of the team
- Monitor the news cycle to make sure social channels are consistently up to date and relevant to our audience
- Help strategize and brainstorm future content and social initiatives
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly reports tracking and analyzing social performance
- Liaison with outside partners, talent and guests of OWN shows. Educate and inform best practices.
- Scope, schedule and manage a variety of different projects as needed
- Function as a generalist bringing strategy and social perspective to OWN’s overall marketing efforts.
- Bachelors degree required
- 7+ years’ professional-level experience in working in the digital, social space (agency, in-house, emerging tech, etc.)
- Ability to map out marketing strategies
and from conception to execution, grounded in consumer insights, and social bests practices
- A history of leadership. We'd like to see evidence of serving as a key decision maker in a senior marketing role.
- An understanding of social media as a revenue generator
- Ability to synthesize information and strategic priorities, to best inform top management of social activities, results and strategies
- A respect and understanding of social communities, content that resonates and platforms changes that will impact both
- An insatiable curiosity and knowledge about all things social, web and mobile
- The ability to motivate and manage a social media agency, with both day to day and big picture strategic direction
- A drive to be innovative within the social media industry, and a keen awareness of best practices in an ever-changing field
- Comfort in adjusting strategies and tactics on the fly grounded in data and analytic insights
- Outstanding communication skills that revolve around transparency and respect
- The ability to write concisely and understand the brand voice and perspective
- Ability to manage, lead and mentor a team
- Be flexible and adaptable to respond to fast changes in social and digital space
- Solution oriented
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude to jump in and assist teams when needed
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.