OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The Senior Press Manager is responsible for developing, overseeing and implementing strategic communications campaigns for OWN's scripted series, unscripted docuseries and specials. Candidate is responsible for working with a broad range of press outlets covering television and entertainment.
- The Senior Press Manager will develop press announcements, releases, pitch letters, internal communications and oversee a variety of press events.
- Maintain positive relationships with the media across consumer, cable & digital.
- Work directly with development, creative, marketing & programming departments to ensure an open communication between content creation and publicity.
- Compose key message points for producer and talent interviews and oversee internal and external communication/messaging.
- Work closely with show creators, talent, production and outside PR agencies.
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
- 5+ years experience in television PR or media relations.
- Superb writing skills as well as excellent verbal and interpersonal skills; good judgment and instincts with problem-solving.
- Strong team player.
- Strong knowledge of the PR field including experience in media relations, press campaign development and execution of creative, strategic and well-thought communication plans.
- Experience in working with talent publicists, mangers and agents.
- Proven knowledge of television business, including ratings, programming, production, ad sales and affiliate relations.
- Must understand the scripted and unscripted television landscape and have experience working with studios and production teams as well as high-profile actors and producers.
- Proven solid relationships with major press outlets including magazines, consumer print press, consumer TV, television trades, online press outlets and blogs.
- An independent and strategic thinker, able to take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Must be able to travel as needed.