OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The Facilities Coordinator is vital to the successful operations of OWN’s West Hollywood headquarters. This position requires a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills. Must be reliable and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and growing work environment. The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Sr. Manager, Facilities.
- Maintain general up-keep throughout facility to ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Assist EA’s with all in-house catering (ordering breakfast, lunch and snacks)
- Assist with setting up conference rooms with all catered meetings
- Respond to all email requests in a timely manner
- Maintain office supply cabinets and order supplies as necessary
- Assist with scanning and distribution of all mail (FedEx, UPS, USPS)
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with other departments and support functions.
- Assist in planning and implementing departmental moves
- Liaise with building management and vendors on all facilities, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, maintenance and parking related issues for the business and for our employees
- Provide general assistance to employees and manage ticket requests
- Oversee room set-up for meetings/use of conference rooms
Security /Safety/Emergency Preparedness:
- Maintain kitchen upkeep throughout the day
- Stock all coffee and condiment supplies for each kitchen
- Perform daily check of each kitchen
- Load and unload all dishes from dishwashers located in each kitchen
- Maintain, issue and track temporary access badges while following company policy at all times
- Perform role of Emergency Response Team Facilitator by assisting with emergency fire drills, and acting as floor warden during emergency events.
- Assist with all company events
- Order food and supplies for various events upon request
- Set up tables and chairs for events
- Set up new hire desks with supplies and verify all furniture/equipment is operational
- Prepare nameplate and card access badge prior to new hire star date
- Ensure desks are properly cleaned and office supplies are placed on desks
- Set up all in-house catered meetings (i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks)
- Set-up and clean up of all in-house catered meetings
- Work closely with all EA’s with providing catered menu options for all catered meetings
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3-5 years of facilities related experience
- Catering or events background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook and other business related software.
- Ability to lift 10-20 lbs.
- Ability to use basic tools and hang whiteboards and posters
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.