OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN seeks experienced multi-platform content creator with strong design, producing and editing skills. Your day-to-day work will primarily include developing content for social channels such as GIFs, video pieces, graphic assets and images, etc. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with start-to-finish graphic design experience either at a major agency, brand, or entertainment company.
Secondarily, you will also be using insights from what the community is saying to help inform content production. This role will be a part of the team that serves as the public-facing voice of our accounts and will create authentic content for a community, deliver insights around content performance, and drive daily business objectives.
- Create custom content for FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc. to support the network and other initiatives, both graphic and video-based
- Creating and using pre-set graphics packages and templates, develop content for social channels such as GIFs, video content, graphic cards and still-images
- Repurposing and editing video footage to create newly imagined custom content that is natively social (e.g. mash-ups, Instagram Stories, behind-the-scenes montages, etc.)
- Screen shows to cultivate a deep understanding of each series and work alongside Social Media Team to determine the best social content for advance promotion, live engagement and continuity support that will resonate most with audiences
- Collaborate with on-air, off-air and digital creative teams to develop social assets that align with network creative
- Research and compile social trends, ideas, competitor best-in-class examples, and cutting-edge executions to inform and propose new content for OWN’s social presence, on a weekly basis
- Brainstorm ideas & strategy with fellow community managers and larger Social Media Team
- Have an understanding of Social Listening tools and analytics to identify trending content, conversations, topics, events and news
- Ability to work on a non-traditional schedule when required
- Provide insight when there are relevant community concerns to internal stakeholders
- Real time monitoring of social channels for strategic engagements and activation
- Manage content calendar for designated Social Media accounts to plan
- Stay ahead of the curve on the latest trends in content creation
- Oversee occasional photo / video shoots as content pertains to social media needs
- Other related duties as assigned
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
- A proven record of start-to-finish graphic design experience either at a major agency, brand, or entertainment company – 2-4 years of experience in graphic design
- A bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Arts, Marketing, Communication, or a related field
- Experience with Photoshop required.
- Experience working with Avid, Premiere or video-editing software
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- A demonstrated passion for entertainment and television
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Team player with a collaborative spirit
- Flexible and nimble in a rapidly changing environment