OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN is seeking a smart, experienced, highly organized self-starter who is experienced, strategic, creative and passionate about all things social media and marketing. The Director, Marketing and Social Media will develop and execute marketing strategies and campaigns across social platforms. The position is based in Los Angeles.
- Work collaboratively with internal and agency teams to develop and execute marketing strategies and campaigns across OWNTV-owned and operated social media platforms
- Guide and contribute to the development and execution of high-impact, strategic and creative ideas and deliverables
- Liaison with outside partners, talent and guests of the shows to educate and inform best practices; Serve as social expert and point-of-contact for all show talent and deliver marketing assets to talent to promote shows and network endeavors
- Scope, schedule and manage a variety of different projects as needed, including but not limited to: creating campaign launch plans, producing post-campaign reporting, attending and covering Press events on social media
- Collaborate across the matrix with Production, Development, PR, Scheduling, Digital and other teams to weigh in and provide intelligence from the social ecosystem
- Partner with Marketing leadership and media agencies to manage reporting of results and ongoing communication to executive team
- Develop, execute and analyze paid media campaigns across a variety of social and digital platforms, working in tandem with agency and in-house creative teams to maximize awareness and ratings for key shows, as well as to support revenue goals within ad sales and digital ecommerce business plans.
- Collaborate and innovate with Ad Sales & Integrated Marketing on strategies and offerings for driving revenue on social media for largescale clients
- Foster and maintain relationships with social platform partners: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Manage and coach a team of media managers, graphic designers, and coordinators
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years’ professional-level experience in working in the digital/social media space (agency, in-house, emerging tech, etc.)
- Ability to map out marketing strategies and from conception to execution, grounded in consumer insights
- An understanding of social media as a revenue generator
- Ability to inform top management of social activities, results and strategies
- A respect and understanding of social communities, content that resonates and platforms changes that will impact both
- An insatiable curiosity and knowledge about all things social, web and mobile
- The ability to motivate and manage social media team and media agencies (when applicable), with both day-to-day and big picture strategic direction
- A drive to be innovative within the social media industry, and a keen awareness of best practices in an ever-changing field
- Comfortable in adjusting strategies and tactics on the fly grounded in data and analytic insights
- Outstanding communication skills that revolve around transparency and respect
- The ability to write concisely and understand the brand voice and perspective
- Ability to manage, lead and mentor a team
- Be flexible and adaptable to respond to fast changes in social and digital space
- Solution oriented
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude to jump in and assist teams when needed
- Comfortable working nights and weekends and traveling for Press events as needed
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.