OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand. We embrace the love of storytelling. Our team has creative instincts with a distinct point of view, which creates and the magnetism of the channel. OWN is a leader in programming and attracts superstar talent to join its primetime lineup, which has built a global community of like-minded viewers who’ve connected on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 75 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN seeks a bright, highly motivated individual to provide support to the Executive Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs. This is a highly visible role at an exciting, innovative cable channel. It requires someone who is sharp and on their game at all times. The Executive Assistant will run all aspects of the EVP’s schedule and be relied upon to be a central ‘go to’ person for a myriad of requests and needs. This is a great opportunity to support an executive who is deeply entrenched in the strategic business and legal aspects of a cable channel in the constantly changing media industry.
Our ideal new addition to the team will be accustom to supporting high level executives and excels in a rapid paced environment. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent oral and written communication skills; can handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously; has superior organizational and anticipatory skills; demonstrates sound judgment, has the ability to think on their feet, and can maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Someone who will thrive on our team is a person who shows initiative, is resourceful, inquisitive and enjoys problem solving, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Coordinate and prioritize EVP’s daily schedule, assist with scheduling meetings (including video conferences/ Skype), conferences, and appointments with an ability to handle complex scheduling issues.
- Maintain and manage often changing calendars, including business, social, and otherwise.
- Manage high volume of phone lines, update call sheets in a timely manner, take notes during conference calls, and roll calls.
- Interface with all executive leaders, and their assistants, across the company (and industry) with poise and professionalism, both in person and via phone/ email.
- Detailed travel planning (both domestic and international) with an understanding and knowledge of high level travel preferences and logistics management with astute attention to detail.
- Prepare expense reports, memos, letters/ emails, spreadsheets, presentations, and other related documents.
- Assist with reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling of invoices and expenses billed by outside counsel and vendors.
- Prepare agendas and/ or meeting materials in advance and arrange meeting locations, if necessary.
- Proactive completion of routine correspondence, including written notes and invitation management.
- Anticipate needs and resolve potential obstacles before they occur.
- Gather information and perform online research for special projects, as requested.
- Contribute to a team effort by undertaking other special projects, as requested.
- Perform various general office duties, including photocopying, scanning, filing, and shredding.
- Tracking and maintaining department vacation, personal, and/or sick days via shared calendar.
- Update and maintain Outlook contacts.
- Open, review, route and disseminate interoffice and external mail, distribute correspondence and other materials to department staff.
- Maintain and manage confidential information.
- Establish and maintain records and files for EVP to ensure work flow is on track.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8 + years media experience preferred. Prior Executive Assistant experience required; experience in a legal department a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in all situations. Ability to exercise discretion, sound judgement, and significant initiative.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work exceptionally well with executives, staff, and external associates at all levels.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Must be polished and poised, with grace under pressure.
- Patience and flexibility to work with high level clients and adapt to different types of personalities.
- Incredible attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative.
- Task oriented and able to track, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks in a busy and energized environment.
- Demonstrates problem solving experience.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Approach work with a strong sense of purpose, competence, authority and compassion.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro., and PowerPoint.
- Adept in working with both MAC and PC computers.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States.
OWN LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.